Responding to the needs of our first responders
What is Compass?
Compass is a program designed to provide first responders with tools which will improve their ability to deal with high-stress situations, as well as strengthening their resiliency to process any effects of that stress. Our goal is to optimize the mental and physical fitness of first responders through embedded coaches within the departments, bridging the mind/body connection through trainings and coaching sessions, and providing first responders and their families various activities.
For more information on the Compass Program contact:
RESPONDING TO THE NEEDS OF OUR FIRST RESPONDERS
There are many ways in which we can measure the success of the Compass project.
- Giving first responders a seat at the table is leading to impactful policy changes and strengthening collaboration between agencies
- Embedding wellness coordinators within first response units is increasing the number of referrals to mental health services
- Self-care tools are being utilized consistently by first responders
- Developing and implementing trainings for first responders are cultivating skills related to wellness and self-care
- Respite activities with families are improving relationships